Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 naming midi files

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by pianistguy, Jul 5, 2009.

1. pianistguy

pianistguy Member

I know how to name audio files so its easier to organize them, but how do you name a midi file when recording with a software instrument, i'm just trying to name some of my regions.
  3. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

a MIDI file is different to a MIDI region. I'm not sure if you're asking the right question.

I name all my regions according to the instrument or role that region is playing.
    I will sometimes also mark them 'take1', 'take2', etc. and sometimes 'best'

4. pianistguy

pianistguy Member

ya, i was just wondering how to label or name a midi region
  5. Eli

Eli Senior member

It depends on how you have things set for naming in your Configure Track Header dialogue box. Without getting to bogged down in all the nuances of this - the following will probably work for you:

* Like an audio track, just name the track in advance of recording on it - and the newly recorded regions will take on the track name.

* If you want to rename a region after the fact, click on it with the text tool and rename it directly in the main body of the Arrange Window.

* Or, if you want to rename a region after the fact, select the region and rename it from the region parameter box in the upper left of the Inspector.