Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Need Help Connecting MIDI KEYBOARD TO LOGIC 9

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by lightkappa, Jan 14, 2012.

1. lightkappa

lightkappa New Member

I am currently running a Yamaha S08 keyboard to Logic 9. I have my keyboard hooked up to my MAC Pro via a USB connection. When I use Garageband, the keyboard works so I know that my drivers are current and it recognizes my keyboard. However, when I am in Logic 9, I have set my channels up and it recognizes my board however, when setting up my auxiliary strip, I get no output (sound).

I confess I am really new to this and it is probably something simple I am missing. I figure if my keyboard is working in Garageband (hearing the sounds) it should work in Logic 9.

Please help! Thanks.
  3. pfloyd714714

pfloyd714714 Senior member

I have the same keyboard, though I use a midi interface rather than a USB connection. I used the AudioMidi setup application to establish a connection within Logic. I'm not sure, though, if that's necessary if you're going USB. (AudioMidi setup is in the Applications: Utilities folder.)

Do you get output if you create and play through a virtual instrument channel strip? Try that and see if the keyboard's recognized. If, on the other hand, you want to use the S08's built-in sounds, you must run 1/4 inch cables from the back of the synth into your audio interface.

I'm not sure what you mean by "setting up my auxiliary strips."

4. CSeye

CSeye Senior member