1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help setting up Logic Pro X with new Akai Advance 61 Controller.

Discussion in 'Audio Units: Effect and Instrument Plugins' started by csolen, Jan 6, 2016.

1. csolen

csolen New Member

I am so happy I got an Akai Advance 61 for Christmas to use with Logic. I am very new to this and do not know where to turn.

Question #1
    I need help setting up Logic to recognize the sound/instruments that came with the controller to use in Logic in such a way so that I can record tracks. So far I have it recognizing the keyboard and I can play the sounds, and even record, but I get no sound upon play back.
    Question #2
    When I try using a Logic track I get both a logic instrument and my Akai's instrument playing at the same time and cannot seem to separate them without muting one.
    I am almost certain that my problem is how my Audio Midi Settings are set in Yosemite (Mac OS X). Can someone help walk me through how this is patched? or should be set up?

I will limit my questions to these. Thanks to everyone who helps. I am so thrilled to have these tools and cannot wait to make music!