Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Need help with assigning midi channels to vienna ensemble pro

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by AllisonB, Dec 5, 2010.

1. AllisonB

AllisonB New Member

Hi I am using Logic 9 via Vienna Ensemble Pro with 2 slave PC computers hosting all my vstis. I want to use this for film scoring with large orchestral templates. (I am a former Cubase user and this set works great)

So far I have everything working well. As I am new to Logic, I am a little stuck on automation. Most of my vsti's are either CC11 or CC 7 controllable so I'd like to be able to control and edit that in the same lane as the midi data.

My main problem is, I want to be able to control the volume automation on each of my 1-16 midi channels per instrument track separately. But when I click on the volume / vienna ensemble, there are 64 volume channels to choose from. So I can't figure out which ones go with which midi channes. Channel 1 turns the automation orange and controls midi channel 1 fine, but I need to do the same thing for channels 1-15 (for each multi channel instrument)

thanks for the help! :hippy:

3. AllisonB

AllisonB New Member

hmmm still not working.. strange. I can change channel volume but not the separate midi (1-16) within each channel. Any tips would be great thanks!

4. cyril

cyril Member

you must use CC 11 to control the volume of each midi channels

the best thing is to make a transformer that will convert CC7 to CC11

5. AllisonB

AllisonB New Member

Thank you so much. Could you please point me in the direction of a tutorial to do this? I would rather not have to edit cc data in hyper window as I prefer to actually see the data I'm editing to. I also heard its possible to use the track pan - and convert it to control CC data which would be much preferable to me as my orchestral instruments are already pre panned anyway. Thanks so much!

6. cyril

cyril Member

i can show you if you have an Ichat account, mine is cyrillindablanc

7. AllisonB

AllisonB New Member

Awesome thanks i'll sign up right now

8. AllisonB

AllisonB New Member

Hmmm having a problem getting ichat to work - lol not my day I guess. Well I'll keep trying - thanks again

9. cyril

cyril Member

just create an account with AIM, it's free

10. cyril

cyril Member

you have to add .aim to my account

11. AllisonB

AllisonB New Member

Hey there - just wanted to report I have it all worked out, but thanks anyway! :)

12. xmiinc

xmiinc Member

FYI...I've discovered that Youtube is full of useful Logic tutorials...free for the viewing on a regular browser...just saw one recently on using the Transformer, which would solve issues like the one discussed in this thread.--tl

13. dfbaerwald

dfbaerwald New Member

Allison, how did you resolve the problem?