Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 NEW Distorted Output (MIDI and Audio) at 44.1 and 48Khz

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by JamesBRey, Dec 17, 2015.

1. JamesBRey

JamesBRey New Member

Dear Group,

I'm getting a real problem here with NI Komplete Audio 6 interface and looking for ideas. Have used this set up for years with no problems. Have done normal OSX security updates along the way, etc.

OSX 10.6.8
    Logic 9.1 (also happens in Logic 8)
    2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo MACBOOK PRO

Have not changed anything but my prefs did get wiped along the way. If I listen via the NI to any signal at all, even if just monitoring a live MIDI keyboard through the interface - the signal at the speakers distorts badly if the SONG SETTING SAMPLE RATE is 44.1 or 48. If I switch to 88.2 or above - it goes back to behaving normally.

I've checked all prefs but am stumped. Also checked AUDIO MIDI setup and it is chasing Logic as it should. I like to work at 44.1.

Any ideas? Thanks.
  3. JamesBRey

JamesBRey New Member

Amendment to this post: As soon as I dropped into record at 88.2 for MIDI only - distortion appeared and remained until I switched from 88.2 to 44.1 and then back again to 88,2,

Very tough to figure this out. Something to do with Core Audio would be my guess - where do you start to trouble shoot something like this?

Have also tried rebooting and running off external drive - both OSX and Logic - same problem.

4. JamesBRey

JamesBRey New Member

Another amendment.

Been stripping away components to troubleshoot and have eliminated the NI interface. In Logic 9, with only MACBOOK PRO as hardware if I select Input 1 / 2 on audio channel strip (the only choice for input) I am only able to hear the onboard Macbook mic. Nothing I do can monitor the line in jack as it should.

But outside of Logic, via the system SOUND panel - I can hear the line input as normal when selected.

Logic seems to be corrupting the audio inputs somehow and this would also relate to the problem with the distortion and changing sample rates, etc.

Everything seems to work perfectly outside of Logic. I have tried different versions of Logic (8 and 9), booted off separate drives, trashed prefs and associated Logic files, rebooted, etc all to no avail.

Any ideas at all on how to rectify this? Thanks.