Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New drum features playable or all pre-programmed?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by ShaneWinter, Jul 21, 2013.

1. ShaneWinter

ShaneWinter New Member

Quick question for LPX users, as I haven't had hands on it yet:

Are all the drum goodies JUST for the new drummer feature? Or can I play them too?

The samples i've seen/heard sound great, but I have a roland v-drum kit that I JUST bought a copy of EZDrummer to use with (haven't even installed it yet) and now that i'm reading about the all the kit designer stuff, I'm wondering about returning EZ and just getting the logic upgrade instead.

Anyone tried playing the kits with keyboard or other controller? Are they sample-based or is it more complex loop shenanigans?

Thanks

-Shane

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

Yes, you can play in your own midi. I have out of Toontrack's stuff and I'd put these samples up there with those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. HKC

HKC Senior member

But without the same degree of making adjustments to be fair to Superior. They are very nice though, no doubt about that.

5. ShaneWinter

ShaneWinter New Member

Cool thanks guys. Are there brushes or any other variations? Or is it all standard sticks and kits?

(one of the motivators for EZD was the availability of brushes and mallets through EZX sets....since I'm likely stuck with it per [no] return policy, that may still make it worthwhile)

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

Just sticks. You can also use a drummer track to control any vi you want so that's something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk