Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 New Zangar Score Editor tutorial...

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by CSeye, Apr 8, 2011.

1. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

CSeye, if I recall, you are a self-professed tutorial junkie?! :thmbup:

After you've gone through it, do share your thoughts - good stuff here, negative stuff off-list, of course....;)

4. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

That is correct! :D

I was really thrilled to see this latest G3 offering.

Considering that Logic has evolved from Notator, there seems to be very little in the way of Score tutorials. There's very useful bits in the Apple Pro and Going Pro books. Reading through the supplied L9 PDF (and L 8 printed manual) was certainly helpful, but there's nothing like watching a pro give an application a good workout.

Hopefully others will also chime in for some good productive discussion about this core feature of Logic.

"Roger";)

5. ChrisByrd

ChrisByrd Member

How did you find the tutorial CSeye? I missed the sale, so is it worth the $29.99 (or is there another sale coming up ;))? I'd really like to get into the Score Editor more, so it looks ideal.

6. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Hi Chris,

The L9 PDF and L8 printed manuals are certainly useful references for learning to use the Score Editor.

But Doug Zangar's fast-paced presentation is densely packed with a wealth of information. You'll need to frequently stop the video, work through the steps in Logic, then resume viewing some more. Doug really goes all out to give the viewer comprehensive coverage from basics to advanced use of the Score Editor.

This is tutorial is worth 2x $29.00. I highly recommended it if you want to master the Score Editor.

Disclaimer: I am a tutorial junkie and have absolutely no affiliation with Groove 3 other than being a customer.

Best regards,

Wally

7. ChrisByrd

ChrisByrd Member

Hi Wally,

Thanks for the feedback - I must admit to being a tutorial junkie as well, so need no further excuse to buy the tutorial!

Best regards

Chris

8. ChrisByrd

ChrisByrd Member

I've just noticed that $29.99 is the sale price - definitely a bargain judging by the first few tutorials I've worked through:)

9. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Hi Chris,

Good deal indeed!:D

It might be wise to fasten your seat belt while viewing this tutorial. ;)
    Almost 6 hours worth of in-depth content presented at a fast pace.

Incredible!

Best regards,

Wally

10. ChrisByrd

ChrisByrd Member

Hi Wally,

Yes, indeed - I'm following your earlier advice and pausing every few minutes to run through things in Logic. There's a load of information - I'd not realised the power of the Step Input keyboard with key commands defined for example. I think it should keep me happy for a while ;)

Best regards

Chris