1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 newbie Question about time stamp info

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by jasonic1, Oct 13, 2012.

1. jasonic1

jasonic1 New Member

Hello all! I've been using Pro Tools for years-Having fun with Logic 9, but I can't quite understand the Audio Bin. I comped a track, then removed the audio from the track, so now it's in the bin. I want to return just a segment of the comped audio back to it's original time location in the arrangement, but I haven't figured out how that works. I can see the segment's approximate location in the graphic representation, but when I add to the arrange window it simply drops the audio segment where the cursor is, or wherever I drop it. Is there a way to put it precisely back to its original spot in the arrangement window? It's driving me nuts... Screen shot 2012-10-13 at 2.08.18 PM.png

3. jasonic1

jasonic1 New Member

Okay sorted it out..."Move region to original record position". That took a long time....

4. jasonic1

jasonic1 New Member

Well, sort of. Comped tracks that were recorded after the first pass move to their original time stamp, which is after the song! Comped tracks (I gather) are recorded as one long file, so the "original" time stamp on the subsequent tracks are after the end of the song. Oy! I'm so used to the PT pull down track where you simply choose the audio file you want to listen to, and it pops it in right where it was originally recorded.

5. jasonic1

jasonic1 New Member

BTW, I do feel like I'm talking to myself...:tongue:

6. Eli

Eli Senior member

Yes, when you multi track record into a comp folder, it captures all the passes as one audio file. So, the original time stamp info is of limited value in that situation.

If you are referring to the Pro Tools functionality of clicking with a modifier on the region in the Edit window to choose between the alternate takes with the same matching criteria, you can pretty much do the same thing in Logic with the take folders.

Close your take folder so you are just looking at the one Take folder object in the Arrange Window. Then, at the end of the Take folder there is a drop down menu which allows you to choose amongst all the takes contained within the Take folder, or any comps you may have assembled. So, you can keep the take folder closed and just choose between the takes and comps that way. You only actually need to open the Take folder to do some editing (ie: create the comps)