1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Next Region/Event in Piano Roll ???

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by yagadu, Jan 19, 2011.

1. yagadu

yagadu New Member

Having trouble with the coupled key command of "Select Next Region/Event".

When I first press this key command while editing in a separate/floating Piano Roll window, it jumps the content of the Piano Roll window to that of the next region (per the Arrange window). Then the second (and each subsequent) time I press it, it stays on that second region and starts selecting each next note (event).

What I need is for the Piano Roll to remain on the current region I am editing and for this command to simply select the next note.

The pop-up Piano Roll seems to work this way, but I can not get this to work when using separate/floating Piano Roll windows...

Why on Earth would "select next region" and "select next event" be coupled? Or why not at least also give separated commands as well?

3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Try changing the link icon to grey (from gold) after you've selected the region contents you want to view.

4. yagadu

yagadu New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't get any chance to it, though. I'm still tapping my key shortcut for open and closing the floating event list window. For whatever reason, this centers the piano roll on the region content...sloppy but at least its working...