1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no playback pre roll in logic !??

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by ukusa, Feb 17, 2015.

1. ukusa

ukusa New Member

Hello Just joined :) Great to be here! I have tried to work out how to actually set an actual time ie 1 second pre roll when i hit playback. I need this as i am transcribing some very poor audio (14 hours of it!) and it would save me ages and be a big help to be able to hear a second of audio before the playback head. I have selected pre roll record playback but am lost as to where i can input the pre roll time. any advice would be greatly appreciated.I think there is no facility that i can see for this but surely there must be way of setting a pre roll for play back.There is one for record but hopefully there is a workaround for play back.
    Thank you Paul

3. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

Search "pre-roll" in the manual. In Audio settings.

4. ukusa

ukusa New Member

it's only recording playback not playback only as far as i can see :(

5. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

Did you look? If you do the search you will find the string "playback pre-roll"

6. ukusa

ukusa New Member

yes i selected that but it still doesn't as far as i can see have anywhere to select a pre roll time for playback.You can do it for record pre roll....