1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no sound after using pencil tool

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by edurbrow, Jan 1, 2014.

1. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

v. 10.0.5
    Logic didn't recognize some pitches, even after reanalyzing, so I tried to draw them with a pencil in places where there were clearly audible pitches. Now when it gets to those points, the audio for that track stops while other audio continues. If I hit stop and then start again after the place where I drew the pitch, it plays normally.

Anyone else get this?
  3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Does this happen with all regions in a given project? All projects or just the one where the issue was (no pun intended) noted?

Any possibility that the gain was inadvertently reduced at the lower left hot spot? An obvious tip off would be that the audio waveform is reduced to a more or less horizontal line.

Tried redrawing the pitch segments?
  4. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

I think only the first region. Haven't had the problem with other projects, but I'm new to LPX so I've only had occasion to try this on this file.

When I looked to see if the gain was moved in the edit view, I found no box. You can see in the picture below the line is there at 6.3.2 in the Main window but nothing in the edit window.

I tried redrawing, but it put the pitch at C-2. It was probably at that pitch before but I didn't see it. The pitch still stops at that point even after moving the pitch up to what it should be. The very weird thing is that the pitch stays off past the point. I can stop it anywhere after that point and if I hit start it comes on.

So nobody else had a similar problem? Then it must be some corrupted file.

Attached Files:

5. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Your waveform looks full size so gain hasn't been reduced. There are 6 small circular "hot spots" above and below the pitch note. Gain is the lower left. Hover over each to see a read out of function and value.

Suspecting corruption seems reasonable.
    Import the specific audio file into a new Empty project, then apply Flex Pitch. If it works more or less as expected, then the other file may be corrupted. If so, then use the Project Import function to bring the entire contents of your current project into a new Empty project.
  6. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member