1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no sound on a track, don't know why

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by edurbrow, Dec 5, 2013.

1. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

I've been using Logic for three years and I still manage to get myself into jams that I cannot figure out. I don't see why my Lead Vocal track is not playing. I've

Attached Files:

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Looks like maybe something else is solo'd. Or maybe the button for soloing regions is pressed and nothing is selected for soloing.

4. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

Is there a special button for soloing regions? I only know the button in the track header, the Inspector and S on the QWERTY keyboard. All tracks seem to be playing but the lead vocal. When I solo it, I hear nothing. It is assigned to Stereo Out just like all the other tracks, the automation is not zero. Obviously, I just hit something by accident, but I have no idea what.

Attached Files:

5. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

If I turn on flex pitch, when I move a pitch I can hear the sound, but it still doesn't play.

6. Eli

Eli Senior member

7. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

Eli,
    Thanks a lot. That solved the issue. I wonder how it got turned off.

8. Eli

Eli Senior member

Most likely an accidental key command you may have used inadvertently. The default is Option M

9. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

Suddenly, I'm having the same problem only the channel is on. I have a customer here patiently waiting. I cannot figure this out.

Attached Files:

10. Eli

Eli Senior member

From that screenshot, the signal is clearly reaching Logic's output. It looks to me like the problem is after Logic. Maybe in the outboard monitoring somewhere?

11. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

Sorry Eli,
    I should have been clearer. I meant no sound on one track. Another track was outputting sound.
    I closed and reopened Logic X and that cured it.