1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Synthesiser Instruments?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by talkamatta, Nov 24, 2013.

1. talkamatta

talkamatta New Member

Hey all,

OK kinda new to all this malarky but I installed Logic Pro X that I managed to dupe my loving girlfriend into buying for me. Downloaded all the extra content but when I select EXS24 Sampler it opens Inst 1 but in the drop down windows there are no Synthesisers?

Under Factory Default my drop down list consists of:

Acoustic Pianos
    Drums & Percussion

I seem to be missing:

Pop Strings
    Pop Horns

Well this is according to a tutorial video I was watching but I guess I should at least have Synths in that list? Any idea what has happened to it or where it is? A search on my computer for "EXS24" returns an empty folder.

Thanks in advance.
  3. songman

songman Member

This is what I have so something is wrong. Did you download additional content?

Attached Files:

4. talkamatta

talkamatta New Member

Yeah I've downloaded all the content I can and still nothing. Scaring the internet as we speak looking for a solution.
  5. talkamatta

talkamatta New Member

That's a big one you have ;) lol

OK my issue was that I hadn't downloaded the legacy stuff so the list is slightly larger now and includes synths but it's still not as big as yours! Where did you get all those?
  6. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

Library/ Application Support/ Logic/ Sampler Instruments

Is the default location for .exs files.

Check there first.

7. songman

songman Member

This is just the regular installation and download stuff. I did not do anything else.