Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Not Enough Memory ? Should never happen

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by tonocas, Dec 15, 2011.

1. tonocas

tonocas Member

While mixing a 48 audio track session in Logic 9.1.6, an unexpected window appeared with the following message:
    Not enough Memory to create clipboard/ Undo-Should never happen. It was imposible to save or continue, I had to quit Logic
    Any suggestions ?

iMac 27" 8 gigs Ram 32 Bit

Toño Castillo

3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

What OS and what mode is Logic in: 32 bit or 64 bit?

4. tonocas

tonocas Member

32 Bit Mac OS 10.6.8... why ?

5. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Because you are then restricting Logic to being able to use less than 4 GB of memory. Have you tried running Logic in 64 bit mode? Do you get these error messages then?

kind regards

Mark

6. tonocas

tonocas Member

Well, I use it in 32 Bit because my plugins run at 32 bit, not 64 bit, then they will not be recognized

Toño Castillo

7. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

They should run in 64 bit mode, for details, please refer to the FAQ

kind regards

Mark

8. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Also many plug-ins are 64 bit today, so with an upgrade of them, you are good to go in 64 bit Logic Pro.

9. JuanTahnahmahrah

JuanTahnahmahrah Senior member

Check your "undo history" -- this used to be a problem for me (a few versions ago), if I did not manually delete the "undo history" from time to time. Not sure if this was ever fixed. If you have lots of tracks, and are doing lots of editing, you should also be saving frequently, as an extra precaution.

10. tonocas

tonocas Member

Thanks, I;ll check "undo history". I am now running Logic 9.1.6 in 64 bit and runs better, thanks.

11. HKC

HKC Senior member

Same experience here. I recently was recording with a guy using Superior 2 for drums. The guy insisted on using two separate kits and I got the same message as you did. I restarted Logic in 64 bits and have stayed there ever since.
    It's annoying having to click twice to open the 32 bit plugins but like other people have mentioned, 64 bits are coming pretty fast now and those who are too slow at joining that train may get left behind. What I find very strange is that some of the slowest companies are the ones who charge the most for their plugins. I could mention Serato, Audioease (I know that Altiverb is ported but what about the rest) and Universal to name a few.