1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Not recording CC in Play Mode

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by multipdf, Sep 28, 2016.

1. multipdf

multipdf New Member

Can anyone help? I want to record expression after recording the music using a String library but 'recording CC data in Play Mode' is not working. The track responds to level change as i play along with the track using my keyboard controller so the connection is there but it does not record the CC part. This means I have to press 'Record' in Logic and then a new region is created which I have to glue to the music region. A real pain.
    It used to work but since 10.1.1 it has stopped.
    Thanks in advance

3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

I don't understand the question. Wouldn't you normally record CC (or anything) in record mode?

This is someting I often do, e.g. record MDI notes, then make a second recording for CC.

There is no need to glue the CC into the first region, in fact I find it much more convenient to keep it on a separate region.

Logic Pro XScreenshot002.png

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  4. multipdf

multipdf New Member

Thanks Pete for your reply. I thought CC would be recorded in Play mode and on the same track. I try not to have too many tracks of recordings. I am doing some work using Hollywood Strings and it's tricky to keep track count down when you need different articulations .....but that's another subject :)

5. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Set your recording preference to merge.
    Highlight the track header, press record and play in your cc info. When you press stop the cc data will be merged into the same region that was previously recorded

6. multipdf

multipdf New Member

A great tip thank you. When I update Logic sometimes things get changed....I can't even remember some of the preferences I altered :)