Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Notation: Can tempo markings show up on each part?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by dougjammer, Sep 19, 2015.

1. dougjammer

dougjammer New Member

When I indicate tempo markings on a score, is there an easy way of having this info show up on each part without having to copy it onto each track?
  3. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Yes - highlight all staves and hold the shift key down when you drag in the tempo marking. It will then be applied to all parts at once.
  4. dougjammer

dougjammer New Member

Thanks. That is helpful. But what I am looking for is a way of marking tempo in the score once and having that appear in each part. For a score I don't want the tempo indications to appear on each staff since that would clutter it up. I am looking for a global setting whereby tempo indications are entered once and they appear once on the score and on each part when the parts are extracted. Can this be done?
  5. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

I am not aware of a way to do what you are looking to do with the tempo markings from the part box. These symbols are assigned to a measure ( actually called independent symbols because they are not dependent or attached to notes in the measure) and therefore available in every score set.
    However here is a method to achieve what you want to do that is sort of a trick.
    Text can be added as global text which can appear on a page independent of score sets. If you add a musical font which has tempo markings or notes you can add the tempo marking as text. This will allow you to display the tempo marking on page 1 for any and all score sets you create and will appear only above the first staff on each and you only have to enter it once.

Anytime Logic does not provide a capability I need, this is the method I use to add information to the score. So lets say you wanted a tempo marking that is a quarter note = 120. Add a font to your mac with contains musical symbols and will have the quarter note. Insert text using that font and select the key that represents the quarter note thus displaying it. Insert and = sign and a number and there is your tempo mark ( this is all text ). Just make sure you insert at the top of the page so it is a global text item and not one connected to a staff. In the event inspector make sure it is set to display only on page 1.

That is the only option I know that would address your problem. If you want me to do a video and demonstrate let me know.
  6. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

SHAMELSS SELF-PROMOTION ALERT !In my book "Scoring With Logic Pro" I recommend keeping 3 versions of your Logic project: 1 for MIDI sound, 1 for full score, and 1 for parts. Peter Schwartz, who did the MacProVideo tutorial on the score editor also recommends this.