Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Notation Layout Changes when Printing??

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by dougjammer, Jun 1, 2016.

1. dougjammer

dougjammer New Member

I prepared a score for printing and it looked correct on screen. It was 19 pages long. When I printed it though, the ending was missing. Logic reformatted the pages so the printout was different than the screen layout. For example, the first page had 4 lines of music in the screen layout, but the printed version (and the saved as PDF version) only had 3. When the printer got to what should have been the last page, i.e. page 19, the ending material was missing. To print the entire work would have required 20 pages. However, it won't let me print just page 20, because that page doesn't exist.

3. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Where are your margins on the page compared to the physical page borders? Different printers have different margin limits which need to be taken into account... Care to upload your score for us to test ?

4. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

I have also run into this kind of issue when Scale in my Page Setup was set to something other than 100%. This sometimes happens unnoticed when I have checked off a box for "Fill entire page" or "Print entire image" in another window.

5. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Probably won't help, but make sure you have chosen the correct printer and paper size in File>Page Setup