1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Notation

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by Jaywan85, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Jaywan85

Jaywan85 New Member

Hey Guys,

Does anyone use the notation section of logic to compose. I used to use logic for all my rock, pop and dance needs but composed orchestral pieces on sibelius. I have been using logic for a long time and i am pretty good at using most features but one thing i cant seem to work out is how to do the following.

I want to be able to take edits i apply in the notation editor and apply them to the actual midi sound. For example i have attached two screen shots and a audio clip of the line. As you can see from the notation editor i want the first two bars played in pizzicato with a piano dynamic and then the second half with a standard sustain in a mezzo-piano dynamic. Its the same with adding any symbals or expressions. if i want to add a fermata, tenuto or an accent they all come up fine on the score but then sound stays the same in playback. Is there a way i can apply what i do in the notation editor to the actual track?

I wanna get a good sound for the track so i can tell if i like what i am writing but i also cant create 3 tracks of violin, a pizzicato, legato and staccato for just one violin to play.

Your help will be much appreciated!

Jay
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [MP3]http://www.webfilehost.com/?mode=viewupload&id=3382755[/MP3]

Attached Files:

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Check out the MIDI Meaning section of the Score Project Settings. See the attached screen shot.

Attached Files:

4. EastWest Lurker

EastWest Lurker Senior member