Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Note names vs Do Re Mi in MIDI Activity display

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Maart, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Maart

Maart New Member

Hello

The MIDI Activity display in the Transport is giving me the notes of chords I play in Do Re Mi format, something I have never got to grips with. How do I change it back to the real note names?

Mac OSX 10.9.5, Logic 10.1.1

3. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Well there is something I haven't seen before. You can use that representation in the score editor but I have never seen it in the transport. Can you post a screen shot?
    Also do you have all the advanced tools enabled (preferences)

4. cocoroman

cocoroman New Member

I guess, his system turn into a French or Italian languages, because the only way to pronounce the notes like this. It's in French or Italian...?

5. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Cocoroman,
    You were going to send a score issue problem to me. Did you get is resolved or still need help. If you do please send

6. cocoroman

cocoroman New Member

Hi volovicg, sure, but I was waiting your O.K. for the Drop Box. I know some chaps don't want to have them. if it's O.K. I'll send it right away. B.T.W. Ski also helped much, It turned into an acceptable page view. Anyway see it first, Thanks. Regards,
    Can I have your email address, if I'm sending on the Drop Box.

7. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

8. Edward Haywood

Edward Haywood New Member

Hi Maart,
    I'm experiencing the same problem as you did, could you please tell me how you got back the note names display ?

Thanks

9. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

The change for that is actually non-intuitive ( imagine that in Logic!) - any way it is in the scored editor->layout-Chords and Grids.
    The language type for chord definition is what affects not only chords in the score but also in the transport window.
    see attached.....
    Do Re Me issue.gif

10. Edward Haywood

Edward Haywood New Member

Thank you so much for such a quick and thorough answer !! You saved my day !