Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 note previews in piano roll view

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Edgold, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Edgold

Edgold Senior member

If I insert or drag notes in the score view, I can hear the notes but in the piano roll I can't. Can I fix this setup?
  3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Make sure the midi out icon is green and you should hear the notes when selected.

That said, I have discovered a bug where this sometimes stops working. The solution is to load a new file (not a template) open the piano roll, add a note, click on it, and it should play as expected. Then go back to the song where it wasn't working, and it should be fine. And yes, I have actually done this and it worked..

Logic can be so freaking strange at times, eh?
  4. Edgold

Edgold Senior member

thanks George,

I was able to get this to work and also to find a †rack where it doesn't work. I haven't yet tried your trick but I will.
  5. Antiphones

Antiphones Member

What really drives me crazy is that in a recent revision they changed the piano roll note preview to monophonic. No more listening to chords in the piano roll! I can't quite believe they did that. How am I meant to audition and edit chords?

Does anyone know a work-around for this?