Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Novation Launchkey help

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by jas_hall, May 24, 2013.

1. jas_hall

jas_hall New Member

Hi there,
    Is anyone using the Novation Launchkey 49 as a controller?
    I am having trouble with the pans - as you turn the Launchkey knob from left to right the pan in Logic's faders flicks from -64 to +64 with no variable control whatsoever.
    The other (less important) problem is, there are 2 round pads next to the transport controls which are supposed to move the fader control banks from 1-8 to 8-16 to 17-24 and so on. What they actually do is move fader control from 1-8 to 11 upwards missing out some channels and adding the master out!
    I bought this over other choices as it promised a 'plug and play' setup!
    Not impressed.
    Cheers all
  3. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

4. jas_hall

jas_hall New Member

Hi, thanks for the reply. I did follow all the correct procedures - I've been using Logic for years. (started with emagic notator! - now I'm showing my age)
    After a few days of trial and error I have managed a partial success. faders, mutes, solos are ok.
    The rotary knobs adjust pan etc, but only from the current position of the screen knob. What I mean is; if Logic's pan is at 9 o'clock and the launchkey knob is at 3 o'clock then what should happen is that Logic's pan would flick to 3 o'clock to follow launchkey and then adjust from that point.
    What actually happens is Logic's pan moves from its current position. this meaning that when you turn launchkey knob from 3 o'clock up to 12, Logic's pan goes from 9 o'clock round to 7 then jumps to 5 and continues round. It's messy to use and doesn't speed things up. It's easier using the mouse.
  5. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Well, despite my avatar, I started also myself to use Notator before the SL version came out on that good old Atari ST I still have nearby. I Still find use for that Unitor dongle (featuring VITC) sometimes...

Could you please post a screen capture of your Control Surface Setup window while selecting your HUI controller icon that represent your Launchkey?