Logic Pro 9 Odd EV3 problem

OldMacTech

Logician
Odd EVB3 problem

Been away from my setup for a few days, wanting to add some b3 sounds to a track so I started up EVB3 and when I touched the keyboard got no sound. Hmm.... Touched below middle C and in played as normal. Hmmmm.

Started another track with acoustic piano, whole keyboard played as normal. Tried electric piano, same thing.

Back to EVB3, 1/2 gone. Tried another EVB3 track, same problem. When I play all keys are displaying notes inthe trnsport window.

Any Idea what I broke?

Axiom 61 keyboard.

What MIDI channel is your track set to? Dollars to doughnuts your track's MIDI channel is set to 1 or 2. Change it to ALL and it should be fine.

The EVB3 uses multiple MIDI channels. Unless your track MIDI channel is set to ALL, it won't trigger the full range of the EVB3.

Upvote 0
I'm away from it now but are there simple steps to check/switch that? Thing is, I've never encountered this before after using the the EVB3 many times before.

Thanks.

Jb

Upvote 0
Look in the Instrument parameters in the Inspector on the left. They are right above the channel strip faders. The MIDI channel field is near the top of that section. And you can easily mouse drag in the field to change the value.

Upvote 0
Thanks- when I pulled it up it defaulted to "All". Changed it to "2" and all is well...sorta.
I decided to try a different virtual organ - changed from "Soul" to "Blues 1" and it defaulted back to "All". I created a new EVB3 track and it defaulted to "All" as we'll.

I haven't changed or added anything except have been playing with Bfd2, could that be related? I created dozens of EVB3 tracks before, never had this prob.

Thank.

Jb

Upvote 0
Not exactly, you were on the money, but for some reason two years in Logic starts doing weird things. Must be something in the preferences but I don't know what.

I guess this kinda stuff troubles me about computer recording. I seem to spend more time chasing "issues" than laying down tracks.

Upvote 0
Back