Logic Pro 9 Old Wizoo LM-4 kits into -> EXS24 used to be possible

yavuz

Logician
I used to be able to use LM-4 Kits with EXS.
I tried to do that ( load the lm4 fxb s into EXS ) and was unsuccessful.
Is this still possible?

I also have NI Komplete but neither Kontakt nor Battery was able to load my old Wizoo Kits that I love.

I remember doing this successfully with Logic's EXS ( may be MK I ).
I wonder if it is still possible. :confused:

Relatively new here, but from what I've experienced, EXS will not import the actual FXB. Could it be that LM-4 banks have since changed format? I seem to recall that it had its own specific format, that they weren't just a typical VST preset bank (FXB). If such is the case, it's possible that Apple decided to drop LM4 import all together with MKII. Anyone?

(Assumption based on my recent experience importing a GigaStudio format library - the conversion worked just fine but there's no way to load the actual VST presets in EXS24, only the .gig file.)

Upvote 0
You could manually "recreate" your favorite kits using the EXS 24 editor.

Tedious, but for a select few favorites...

On a side note, I used to hate the text entry involved with the otherwise very cool LM-4.

Upvote 0
You could manually "recreate" your favorite kits using the EXS 24 editor.

Tedious, but for a select few favorites...

OK. I want to do this.
Do I have to look at the .txt files and guess which audio file is for which velocity lauer then?

Upvote 0
It might be easier to look at the names of the samples. See the attachment which shows Wizoo drum samples. I believe these were the 24 bit versions available with the LM-4.

The last number of the name indicates velocity, so 36kick1 is the softest velocity and 36kick4 is the loudest.

You can easily create velocity layers in the EXS 24 editor.

Best.

Attachments

• Wizoo.png
    Wizoo.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 187
Upvote 0
Back