Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMG, my new mac Mini server 2.0 Quad Core i7

Discussion in 'Studio Techniques' started by EastWest Lurker, Aug 21, 2012.

1. EastWest Lurker

EastWest Lurker Senior member

I gotta tell ya!

Attached Files:

3. EastWest Lurker

Not trying to prove anything here, guys, I just think it is interesting.

My old Mac Pro 2.66 Quad could run 18 Omnisphere instances and then it was done. I have already loaded 30 on the Mini and I probably could do a couple more.

Here's why:

Processor Speed: 2.0 GHz Processor Type: Core i7 (I7-2635QM)

Details: This model is powered by a 32 nm, 64-bit Intel Mobile Core i7 "Sandy Bridge" (I7-2635QM) processor which includes four independent processor "cores" on a single silicon chip. Each core has a dedicated 256k level 2 cache, shares 6 MB of level 3 cache, and has an integrated memory controller (dual channel).

This system also supports "Turbo Boost 2.0" -- which "automatically increases the speed of the active cores" to improve performance when needed (up to 2.9 GHz for this model) -- and "Hyper Threading" -- which allows the system to recognize eight "virtual cores" or "threads."

4. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Thanks for sharing the screen shot. Nice processor levels! Seems a number of people are migrating this way for a second computer.

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

Does this mean that you're running the mini as your main computer verses the old quad core?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Djtoms

Djtoms New Member

Are you using logic node setup with the macmini?

7. EastWest Lurker

No. With VE Pro it is totally unnecessary.

8. charliegamboa

charliegamboa New Member

What is VE Pro? I can't un Logic Node, it just crashes!

9. EastWest Lurker

10. charliegamboa

charliegamboa New Member