Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 7 & earlier OMS on Logic Audio 4.5

Discussion in 'Logic 7 and older Versions' started by onlycodered, Feb 23, 2015.

1. onlycodered

onlycodered New Member

Hello all,

I've got a friend who has an old iMac G3 and iBook G3 (both running OS 9) who would like to use his copy of Logic Audio 4.5 again with his MIDI keyboard. I have it all set up on his iMac just fine with a USB Logic dongle and a USB Midisport 2x2. I'm now attempting to set this all up on his iBook however I'm having some trouble. I've tried plugging in this exact setup into the iBook but it doesn't seem to want to work.

One big difference I notice between the iMac and iBook is that the iMac is using OMS whereas on the iBook I cannot select OMS in Logic. I can't seem to figure out why and I was wondering if someone could lend a hand.

Please keep in mind that before assisting my friend I had no prior knowledge of Logic Audio so this has been quite the learning experience for me especially being on OS 9.

Here's a screenshot of my setup on the iMac:
    [​IMG]

Any help is greatly appreciated.

3. willnubu

willnubu Senior member

4. onlycodered

onlycodered New Member

Well it seems I'm not even able to get Logic to start up with the ADB dongle and Griffin iMate adapter I have. I may have to get a hold of my friend's USB dongle, unless you have any suggestions for how to get the ADB dongle to work. Once I've got that working I can provide a screenshot of the current settings on the iBook.

Also, another problem I have is that I'm assuming you need an installer for OMS however I don't have that and it seems to have disappeared from the internet.

5. willnubu

willnubu Senior member

check your pm messages :)