1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Opening LP7 Project in LPX (crashes)

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by DreamLogic7, Nov 1, 2015.

1. DreamLogic7

DreamLogic7 New Member

Hi Logic Users Group. Thank you for having me at this forum. I'm a long time user of Logic 7; I upgraded to LPX this summer and really love using the program. I was able to import key commands, etc, and use lots of new features.

For some reason, a few projects, including one that's quite important to me, will not open in Logic X. I tried saving from LP7 on my older Power Mac with an alternate project name, even tried saving it as a template, but no dice. The project file and template crash upon opening. It tells me: Logic Pro X quit unexpectedly.

Any ideas on how I might be able to open this song file? It would really help, and thank you in advance if so.
  3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

I'm always a bit wary of importing key commands and prefs from an earlier version, I think it's worth taking the time start from scratch.

So on this case I would first trash preferences and also try loading the project with audio disabled.

From memory I honk you do this by holding CTRL key while opening Logic

If still no luck get back to us.