1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opening LP9 projects converts busses to mono

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Fusion Head, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Fusion Head

Fusion Head New Member

Hi everyone, I am having problems every time I open a project in Logic Pro X that was originally created in LP9. All of the busses get converted from stereo to mono. And many of the original plug-ins seem to disappear.

Is this a bug? Or is there some special step I am missing?

Most of my projects have lots of busses I am using for sub-groups and effects, so I really need to maintain the original structure.
  3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

This could have to do with the option to switch Universal Track Mode off no longer being available in LPX. In LPX, it is always on. IF this is indeed the case, you may want to stay in L9 and finish these projects there, alternatively, you could convert them with UTM switched on, requiring a fair amount of re-structuring and rebuilding of your mixes.

kind regards

4. Fusion Head

Fusion Head New Member

Thanks, Mark. I think you may be correct, and this really sucks. I am amazed that Apple did not consider all the people that have used stereo buses for past projects, and provide better support for opening in LPX!

The worst part is that all my bus plug-ins used in the LP9 projects disappear when opened in LPX, so to reinstate and reconfigure all of those plug-ins and their exact settings and automation in LPX would be a huge amount of work.

As you propose, I could continue to use LP9 for those projects, but then I don't get the advantages of the new LPX capabilities (like Flex Pitch, etc.)

There seems to be no easy solution. I may post this same question to the Apple Logic forum to see if other folks have some ideas for this problem. Thanks again.