Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 opening on wrong screen

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by djqwikcut, Feb 11, 2013.

1. djqwikcut

djqwikcut New Member

I have a 21" IMAC with 3 screens.. One connected to the thunderbolt port and one with a USB video card. WHEN I OPEN LOGIC PRO 9 and either start a new project or open a saved project, the arrange window opens on the screen connected to the thunderbolt port and not the main imac screen. I can move it over, but next time I start logic, or open a new project, or start a new one, it is incorrect again. Same with the mixer.. I want it to open on one of the other monitors and instead it opens in a window on the main screen.

Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks ...

3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

I believe it's a Logic bug because of the 3d screen.

If you look at the monitor setup system preference, where is the main menu put (monitor 1, 2 or 3), relative to the monitor that the main arrange window opens?

Q: Have you made a template with the screens set as you want and opened it to see if it was correct?

Q Have you tried 2 monitors and seen if the same issue happens?
  4. djqwikcut

djqwikcut New Member

I have 3 monitors as follows:

LEFT - thunderbolt-VGA adapter
    RIGHT - USB VGA adapter
    This is the way they show up under system prefs

when I open a new project in logic, the arrange window opens on the LEFT (thunderbolt). I then move the arrage window to the IMAC (CENTER). I then click on MIXER and it opened in a small window in CENTER (IMAC).

I tried moving things where I want but next time I use the program or open a new project or load an old one, the position of the screens are back in the incorrect place...

Also, answering your question about the main menu, it is put on the IMAC (center) screen which is correct...

Thanks for your help ... Dave
  5. djqwikcut

djqwikcut New Member

Forgot to add.. if I open a new project, or existing, arrange the windows, then save the project, then clock logic, when I open back up, the windows are still in the wrong places and I need to drag them around again....
  6. georgelegeriii

Missed a question: which monitor has your main menu on it?
  7. djqwikcut

djqwikcut New Member

I did say that it's on the main iMac screen
  8. georgelegeriii

Do you have the problem when using 2 monitors? I suspect from rereading the thread that the issue is 3 monitors and how the different drivers interact.

I think that the USB video is fooling the mac into thinking that the thunderbolt out is the main output.

If you can successfully test the 2 monitor thing out, the 3d monitor is the issue, maning the problem is a bug.
  9. djqwikcut

djqwikcut New Member

Just tested. Using 2 monitors, arrange opens on correct monitor (main iMac screen)... Using 3 monitors, it opens of left monitor. Any way to fix?
  10. georgelegeriii

No, you just verified that it's a bug in either Logic or in the driver for your USB monitor thing..