1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OS-X Manual

Discussion in 'Mac OS' started by asimmd, Nov 7, 2012.

1. asimmd

asimmd Member

Hi All

I have just ordered my very first Mac Mini and I was wondering if I could download a Manual that would give me the basics in the OS.

Coming from Win 7,I know nothing about the OS-X software.

Questions such as

Can OS-X read my Win7 HDD so I can transfer my Audio files to the Mac Mini drive.
    If not,how do I transfer all my backing tracks to use in Logic Pro9?

Thanks

Alan

3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Look under the menu marked "Help". There is a complete "how to use OSX" user guide right there. As for Logic, same thing. The Help menu is your friend ;-)

4. asimmd

asimmd Member

I don't have my Mac yet,it should be here this week.

I wanted to read the manual so I would have an idea what I was doing when it arrives.

Alan

5. georgelegeriii

Then your best option is to grab a Mac OSX book from your local library, or depending on what else you have, downloading a kindle book.

That said, the help stiff is truly awesome for a newbie. What kind of things are you looking to learn about?

6. asimmd

asimmd Member

I will be using it for Logic Pro9.

I need to find out about disc management and transferring Audio Files from my PC to the Mac Mini,and an External Drive that I will use with the Mac Mini for Audio storage.

Alan

7. georgelegeriii

Here's a word of advice: get the Paragon ntsf software for your Mac that allows easy transfers vis drives from a Windows machine to a Mac : http://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/

Have it, use it, love it. Makes going from any current PC into a Mac very easy. You can read and write and format proper NTSF disc on the Mac.