Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ozone 6 passed Au Manager but doesn't show up in Logic

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by mistimo1st, Jun 15, 2015.

1. mistimo1st

mistimo1st New Member

I just registered on this site to post this. I have been a guest for a loong time now.
    I paid for Ozone 6 production suite. It costs a thousand dollars minus the tax. Anyway, after downloading and installing Ozone 6 (which comes with Insight, Pro tools, Nectar and others); I ran the AU manager and everything passed. However, when I try to open these plugins through Logic, they are completely invisible. All other old plugins show but Ozone 6 is nowhere to be found.
    Logic clearly knows that I have these plugins because they showed and passed the AU manager tests but they don't open at all. To make matters worse, Ozone 6 opens as a stand alone application in my computer when I click on it in the applications folder. All the VST, vst3, components and all .bundle files are in the right folders but something is playing with my psyche.

I've gone through drastic lengths to make sure that the plugins work. I deleted all my other plugins, even deleted Logic itself and reinstalled (took 4 days to reinstall logic as it got stuck over and over during download of the basic contents.)
    I've been online to see if somebody else had my problem but in most cases, their plugins usually failed the AU Manager test. Mine passed and it shows that i have it in the AU Manager thru Logic but it won't open in the logic GUI.
    Although, it works as a standalone application, it's almost useless because I want to use it to master my beats (made in Logic) and not import .wav files into it.
    Please help, izotope don't do refunds and my $1000 seems further and further away from me everyday. Please help me.

3. mistimo1st

mistimo1st New Member

I have copied and pasted the result of the AU manager validation test below. Idk if it can be useful.

validating Audio Unit iZotope Ozone 6 by iZotope:

AU Validation Tool
    Version: 1.6.1a1
    Copyright 2003-2013, Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
    VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aufx' - 'ZnO6' - 'iZtp'
    Manufacturer String: iZotope
    AudioUnit Name: iZotope Ozone 6
    Component Version: 6.0.0 (0x60000)

* * PASS
    TESTING OPEN TIMES:
    COLD:
    Time to open AudioUnit: 715.231 ms
    WARM:
    Time to open AudioUnit: 604.108 ms
    FIRST TIME:
    Time for initialization: 0.044 ms

* * PASS
    VERIFYING DEFAULT SCOPE FORMATS:
    Input Scope Bus Configuration:
    Default Bus Count:1
    Default Format: AudioStreamBasicDescription: 2 ch, 44100 Hz, 'lpcm' (0x00000029) 32-bit little-endian float, deinterleaved

Output Scope Bus Configuration:
    Default Bus Count:1
    Default Format: AudioStreamBasicDescription: 2 ch, 44100 Hz, 'lpcm' (0x00000029) 32-bit little-endian float, deinterleaved

* * PASS
    VERIFYING REQUIRED PROPERTIES:

* * PASS
    VERIFYING RECOMMENDED PROPERTIES:
    VERIFYING PROPERTY: Latency
    PASS
    VERIFYING PROPERTY: Tail Time
    PASS
    VERIFYING PROPERTY: Bypass Effect
    PASS

* * PASS
    VERIFYING OPTIONAL PROPERTIES:

* * PASS
    VERIFYING SPECIAL PROPERTIES:

VERIFYING CUSTOM UI
    Cocoa Views Available: 1
    IZAUCocoaViewFactory_UniqOzone_6_715
    PASS

HAS FACTORY PRESETS

VERIFYING CLASS INFO
    PASS

TESTING HOST CALLBACKS
    PASS

* * PASS
    PUBLISHED PARAMETER INFO:

# # # 471 Global Scope Parameters:

* * PASS
    FORMAT TESTS:

Reported Channel Capabilities (explicit):
    [1, 1] [1, 2] [2, 2]

Input/Output Channel Handling:
    1-1 1-2 1-4 1-5 1-6 1-7 1-8 2-2 2-4 2-5 2-6 2-7 2-8 4-4 4-5 5-5 6-6 7-7 8-8
    X X X

* * PASS
    RENDER TESTS:

Input Format: AudioStreamBasicDescription: 2 ch, 44100 Hz, 'lpcm' (0x00000029) 32-bit little-endian float, deinterleaved
    Output Format: AudioStreamBasicDescription: 2 ch, 44100 Hz, 'lpcm' (0x00000029) 32-bit little-endian float, deinterleaved
    Render Test at 512 frames
    Slicing Render Test at 64 frames
    PASS

Render Test at 64 frames, sample rate: 22050 Hz
    Render Test at 137 frames, sample rate: 96000 Hz
    Render Test at 4096 frames, sample rate: 48000 Hz
    Render Test at 4096 frames, sample rate: 192000 Hz
    Render Test at 4096 frames, sample rate: 11025 Hz
    Render Test at 512 frames, sample rate: 44100 Hz
    PASS

1 Channel Test:
    Render Test at 512 frames
    PASS

1 to 2 Channel Render Test at 256 frames
    PASS

Checking connection semantics:
    Connection format:
    AudioStreamBasicDescription: 2 ch, 44100 Hz, 'lpcm' (0x00000029) 32-bit little-endian float, deinterleaved
    PASS

Bad Max Frames - Render should fail
    PASS

Checking parameter setting
    Using AudioUnitSetParameter
    Using AudioUnitScheduleParameter
    PASS

Test MIDI
    PASS

* * PASS
    AU VALIDATION SUCCEEDED.

validation result: successfully validated

updating properties of AU iZotope Ozone 6 by iZotope...done.

4. mistimo1st

mistimo1st New Member

Is anybody on this darn website? I guess I'm screwed. Just threw my money into flames. :(

5. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Hi there, welcome to the LUG.

First of all, I just loaded a few instances of ozone 5 in a logic pro 10.1.1 project, without any difficulty (I haven't upgraded to ozone 6). But I think it can be taken as given that ozone 6 must work in logic, all the more so if, as you say, it is validated and showing up in the AU manager, so we should consider that user error may be the problem. Perhaps you can describe exactly how you try to load an instance of ozone 6 - in which type of logic track/channel strip are you attempting to load it, and in which slot? It needs to be loaded in the audio fx slot in an audio or software instrument channel strip, or in an aux or output channel strip (it won't load in the instrument slot in a software instrument channel strip). Perhaps you could make a screenshot to show how you are trying to load ozone?

Sorry if all this is stating the obvious, but it really *should* load without any problems.

kind regards

Mark

6. mistimo1st

mistimo1st New Member

@Markdvc, thanks for your reply.
    I've just managed to find it in Logic but it only opens on the Master Track. Am I not supposed to be able to open it on all the tracks. I would like to master every track (the kicks, synths, snare, hi hats, etc of my beats are usually made track by track as I don't use Ultrabeat or the drummer track tool) individually with Ozone 6 and not just master the entire project via d master track. Surely, this must be possible right?
    And what app can I use to take screenshots?

7. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

I'm just going from memory here, but I thought I remembered reading on iZotope's site that Ozone (as befits a mastering plug-in) is pretty processor-hungry, and that's why they developed Alloy, a much less processor-intensive channel-strip plug-in to use on all your individual tracks before mastering the Main bus. I have Ozone 5 and haven't had any trouble instantiating it on any audio track in my projects, but I still use Alloy on the individual tracks and save Ozone for the Master.

Oh, and also: on Mac, just hit Command-Shift-4 and your cursor will turn into crosshairs; you can drag the crosshairs into a rectangle by click-drag-release, and that will deposit a screenshot on your desktop. Easy!

8. mt100uk

mt100uk Senior member

Hi, not in front of my machine at the mo so I might be wrong but ozone might be a stereo only plug?