Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Performance mode

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by pittsburghdad412, Dec 2, 2013.

1. pittsburghdad412

pittsburghdad412 New Member

Is there a performance mode in logic pro? I did some research and found that i may have to buy Mainstage. Is there any way that I do not have to buy Mainstage in order to operate in performance mode? I am playing with a drummer and was wondering if there was a way I could loop just a bass or synth part and have different parts that I could switch between with a MIDI controller.

3. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Yes,
    Go to Settings=> Recording and enable the "Autodemix by midi channel ..." which switches Logic into Multiplayer mode (each track in the Arrange must be set to unique midi channel 1-16 and all tracks in question must be armed).

As you see this can not be compared to Main Stage yet cause you need multiple external controllers. There is another scenario if you use e special Midi Channel Environment or (Script Logic X) Switcher which can switch the midi channels on the fly. I have developed both - have a look at this forum link (download the Environment Switcher Demo) or get the LogicX free scripter plugin from my site here.
    Have a look at this forum thread where I published a small tutor and a Logic TT template which can be used in your case.
    Regards,
    A.G