Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Phasing Caused By Too Many Plugins?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by lightandmind, Jan 21, 2012.

1. lightandmind

lightandmind New Member

The phasing is NOT microphone-related, I'm a mastering engineer and treating only the stereo two-track mix, problem is, after too many plugins are added, (by filling up the channel strip and sending the output to a buss and filling that up too), I begin to get some "frequency-related" phasing going on, I've never had an issue like that before, I DID just start using the Waves plugs, (like liner phase EQ), but it's phasing even when they're bypassed. I'm only running 2gb of RAM, could that be an issue? Thx!
  3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Have you checked your latency compensation settings?
  4. Antiphones

Antiphones Member

The only thing I can imagine this would be is that your processing is exaggerating or exposing phasing which is already in the stereo mix. It may be that there is phasing in the original mix but it only becomes audible when you EQ, compress/limit or excite the mix. Are any of you FX changing the stereo image? That could also cause phasing effects if there are already phase related problems in the stereo mix.