Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 piano keeps disappearing

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by edurbrow, Nov 24, 2011.

1. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

I'm recording 5 or 6 audio tracks together with one midi piano track. I have the piano roll open and I can see the notes being recording but when I hit stop they all disappear. This is really disconcerting. We recorded a whole take and there was nothing there. The record button was definitely engaged. The only thing that seems to solve this is having the piano track selected.
    Please, if you could tell me what I'm doing wrong or if this is a bug or what, I would really appreciate it.
  3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

That is correct: unlike audio tracks, you MUST have the midi track selected if you want to record midi. If not, it makes blank aliases of the track you do (if my foggy memory serves me).
  4. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

Incredible! Is there reasoning behind that? I wonder what it could be.
  5. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

It's been like this as long as I can remember. When recording audio and midi always have the midi track selected.

Now, I was thinking: are you sure the midi data is not there on the audio track that was selected when you were recording? Just a hunch, but it might actually be there.