1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Piano roll issue

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Actonboy, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Actonboy

Actonboy New Member

PianoRoll1.png I've been having an issue with the piano roll - I wondered if anyone might be able to help?. I am using the latest version of Logic Pro X.

I have a drum sequence programmed in the piano roll which is triggering sounds in Battery. This all works fine.

I have a separate track setup for my Expert Sleepers ES5 plugin which triggers an external hardware drum machine. The plugin works using my Audio Interface ADAT. On this track I have the outputs set to 19/20 (ADAT channels). In this track I can draw in notes in the piano roll and they trigger my hardware drum machine no problem.

My issue is that I am trying to copy a pattern from my Battery track and paste into my Expert Sleepers track. It just doesn't work - no sounds are triggered - but when I delete a note and draw it in again, it works. It's like there is some information getting lost.

Basically I am trying to copy the 2 bar kick drum pattern from 'kick 1'. I drag it down to the ES5 track and paste it. I then move the notes from C1 to C2 sharp, so that they trigger the kick drum on my vermona. For some reason they don't trigger at all. But, if I replace note by note, then it works.

I hope this makes sense. Any help much appreciated [​IMG]

3. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Post the same screen shot of your battery track . Make sure the region and track inspector are visible please

4. Eli

Eli Senior member

Check the midi channel of the notes. I suspect the problem lies there.

5. Actonboy

Actonboy New Member

Hi Eli, thanks can you tell me how I check the midi channel of the notes?
    Btw - I downloaded your intro to Logic X on groove3...very helpful.

6. Actonboy

Actonboy New Member

Here is the screenshot with the battery track volovicg

Attached Files:

7. Eli

Eli Senior member

Look at them in the Event list. Do they match the receiving channel on your external device? When you re-create the notes in the Piano Roll editor that do work, what channel are they? Is there a discrepancy?

8. Actonboy

Actonboy New Member

Ah yes thank you! The notes that are copied and pasted are channel 10. When I delete and re-create they are channel 1.

I don't know how, but I somehow changed the midi channel in Battery to channel 10 at some point.

I guess the easiest way to change the notes back to channel 1 is by highlighting them and changing in the event list?

9. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

you can leave them at channel 10 and set the track midi channel to 1. This will channelize all events coming from that track to channel 1 regardless of their event channel in the region.

10. Actonboy

Actonboy New Member

Many thanks