Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Piano Roll / MIDI Editing from iPad?

Discussion in 'Music Creation' started by jmg1984, Feb 10, 2013.

1. jmg1984

jmg1984 New Member

Hey everyone. I'm new to the world of using the iPad as a control surface for Logic. I've seen lots of threads on here about TouchOSC for mix controls - which I set up today on my own rig and love so far, BTW. However, I'm not sure if TouchOSC has a template that allows it to be used to edit a MIDI performance attached to a Software Instrument.

I did find a 'drum pad' sort of template that came with TouchOSC and was able to control the instrument and do some (high-latency) jamming. I'm not really interested in live performance though. I'm really trying to get a setup going that allows me to program a MIDI performance for my drum plugin, similar to what the Piano Roll Editor does in Logic. Draw notes, shift them around, etc. Even an Ultrabeat-style pattern editor would do the trick, since I would be using this primarily for drums.

If TouchOSC isn't capable of doing such a thing, what are some favorites for accomplishing this task? Thanks, and apologies if I've missed an obvious thread that covers this.

3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Check out "Air Display".

It can turn your ipad into a secondary monitor, and you can touch Logic. Head to Youtube and check our Eric from Spectrasonics, he did a little demo using it as an editor, Very cool stuff.

4. jmg1984

jmg1984 New Member

That does look pretty great. I will have to give that a shot. Thanks for the info!