Logic Pro 8 Piano Roll

deanglover

Logician
In Piano Roll...

i want to acheive - 6 notes, within the space of 2 beats - so kind of like a fast triplet

i thought with 6 years of using sequencing and pattern editing on FL studio under my belt i'd be able to get my head around it eventually in logic, obviously not

well the Smart snap won't do it, neither will any other snap value - because the grids don't change

so i decided to input 6 notes in one bar - then select all six notes, and squash them into one space

cmd and drag doesn't do it, neither does alt and drag and neither does shift... or any combo - instead shift does some pretty useless one by one size decreasing fucntion on all the selected notes.

im really tearing my hair out here - in FL all i did, was change the snap value to the correct miniscule value or just held shift and squashed them all into the right area

and is there any particular reason why Logic, Cubase or even Pro Tools employ a pretty simple feature, which FL has - which is - you change the snap value, and the grid changes with it?

:eeek:

Dean

I used to be confused by this.

The "type" of snap is in the drop-down box in the top-left.

But you want the "Division" value.
Look near the centre of the Transport Bar - just to the right of the tempo.
You'll probably see
4/4
/16

The lower of the two is the snap division - click on it and drag up or down to change it. I think you want /12.

Hope this helps.

Richard

Upvote 0
Back