1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Pitch Correction automation

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by Taybot, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Taybot

Taybot Senior member

I'm using the pitch correction effect in Logic 8 and I have this good effect but I want to lower it as the verse goes on.

I tried automation and searched for Wet, so I could just turn it down that way, but I couldn't find Wet anywhere, all I could find was tons of options such as Detune, Root Note, Scale/Chord Type etc.

Is there a way to just turn down the effect for Pitch Correction? Like with Delay I just use Wet but can I do that with Pitch Correction?

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

If I understand correctly, you want to have a mix of the pitch corrected and original signals, with the emphasis changing from pitch corrected to original as the songs progresses?

Why not just duplicate the track, and mix the pitched and unpitched signals as you need them?

kind regards

4. Taybot

Taybot Senior member

coo i will try that thx
  5. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

Although a wet/dry control would be lovely for lots of plugins, it's going to sound horrible on a pitch correction plugin unless the singer is perfectly in tune.

You will get the sound of two voices slightly out of tune.

What I would suggest is you automate the response. A very fast speed gives you quite drastic autotune that we all know and love so much, very slow = nothing happens for a while.

The slowest you can have is 999ms, so once past that point bypass it.

Or maybe not: I get the feeling that bypassing may cause glitches on the voice, so at that point switch to a duplicated track with no pitch correction as suggested by mark.
  6. Eli

Eli Senior member

You can avoid glitching by bypassing the individual notes.
  7. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

I was tempted to write that as well, but anything is permissible in the process of creating great art, eh? :)

kind regards