1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Play 64 bit is out

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Doug Zangar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Installed it - seems to work fine so far.
  3. douglask

douglask New Member

I've got Logic set to 64 bit and have Play 3.0.15 installed. Why is Logic's 32- Bit Audio Unit Bridge appearing when I open play?
  4. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Are you opening Play 3 as a 64 bit Plugin? It may also be available under 32 bit Audio Units, in which case it would then have to be loaded into the 32 bit AU Bridge.

kind regards

5. douglask

douglask New Member

I realize now that it only happens on certain older projects. Re-saving doesn't help.
  6. Doug Zangar

I haven't yet run across that problem. That said, I've only opened one project so far - something I was working on last night.
  7. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

My legacy projects just say "32bit"on the bottom of the gui. On a new instantiation it doesn't have that. So, as far as I know both are 64 bit since the bridge isn't opening. Anyone else see this?
  8. Doug Zangar

Just noticed that after reading your post and looking for it - hadn't noticed it before but I'm sure it was there.
  9. michaelo

michaelo LUG Emeritus

Play 3 working great here so far
  10. Toon

Toon New Member

PLAY 3.0

I experience constant problems with PLAY's GUI when accessing Hollywood Strings: after one action like switching between multiple loaded instruments the GUI becomes unresponsive. Switching to VIEW->CONTROLS and back refreshes it for one more action, then I have to repeat this workaround.

Also loading a new instrument (still HS) and replace current or replace all doesn't work anymore: I have to remove the plug-in from the track and open a fresh one.

All of this doesn't happen with the Symphonic Library instruments.

This doesn't happen on your computer?

(I installed all the latest updates).
  11. michaelo

michaelo LUG Emeritus

Only using so far for the Symphonic library sorry, no Hollywood Strings
  12. Doug Zangar

Ditto here - no Hollywood strings.

Symphonic library seems to work fine. Did a quick check on pianos and and a few others - no problems to be found so far.