1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playback irregular / 'limping'

Discussion in 'Mac OS' started by Srekamedar, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Srekamedar

Srekamedar New Member

After a motherboard reset and emptying system caches I'm confronted with a playback malfunctioning of my Logic Pro 9 files; a little studio disaster, since I'm in the middle of at least three serious projects.
    The playback 'limps' - there seems to be no reference to a fixed clock or the like.
    I've had this problem on an old Windows computer before, but until this morning everything has worked just fine on my MacPro. Not any more!

Could someone please suggest a solution, or point me to one or more threads where I might find solutions for this problem?

Thanks in advance!
    Bart

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

If you've had this problem with a different computer, it leads me to suspect that the problem might be outside of your computer.

What is your audio interface? Is the internal clock set properly on it? Is it possible it is receiving conflicting sync signals from another piece of gear.

What sample rate is your audio hardware set to? Is this the same sample rate showing in Logic's project settings?

Does the same thing happen if you start up using the built in Mac core audio driver?