1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playhead Follows Timeline Selection? Go to Next/Previous Region?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Yarrow, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Yarrow

Yarrow New Member

I am trying to make the switch from Pro Tools to Logic Pro X for voiceover editing. I have learned a ton from the MacProVideo tutorial called "Logic Pro 305: Voiceover Recording and Editing." A couple vexing issues I am trying to figure out, though, possibly having to do with the very different terminology for similar functions between the two programs:

In Pro Tools there is a Preferences setting called "Play Start Marker Follows Timeline Selection," so that when I select a region in the main timeline the playback head automatically jumps to the selection start. Is there a similar General or Project preference setting in Logic?

Also, I would like the view in Logic to follow the selection, so that when I hit the key command to select the next or previous region the view jumps to the region start or end.

Lastly, I need to be able to quickly jump from region to region, forward and back. In Pro Tools I can do this with Tab and Option+Tab. Is there a "Go to next region start/ previous region end" key command? I can select next and previous regions, but can't find the key command described above.

Thanks for any help, and apologies in advance if I have overlooked the obvious.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

You may find this documention and this one useful...

Have you tried using the catch button enabled?
    There are preferences to adjust the way this feature works.

There are several ways to adjust the playback. Control clicking on the playback button itself open some available options. Adding different buttons on the transport bar open more options.
    The key commands available in Logic are accessible via its dedicated editor window, where you can search for what you need, edit the mapping, and manage different sets...