1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing audio regions backwards

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by James Niven, May 27, 2014.

1. James Niven

James Niven New Member

Please anyone help me and tell me how to reverse the playing on individual audio regions in a track please ? Many thanks. j
  3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Open the Audio File in the Audio File Editor (used to be Sample Editor in previous versions of Logic), then go to Functions -> Reverse.
    Bear in mind that this is a destructive step, so you may want to create a copy of the audio file prior to proceeding with this edit. Also, double clicking on an audio file in the Main/Arrange Window may open the Editor in track mode. Click File to access all the Menus, including the Functions Menu

kind regards

4. James Niven

James Niven New Member

Thanks Mark. Will try it later today. James
  5. Per Boysen

Per Boysen Senior member

Recently I've started using a different method: I right-click the region and select "Bounce In Place". Then I double-click the new created region (on its new track) to open it in the Editor, change the Editor's tab from "Track" to "File" and hit Control-Shift-R (Reverse under the Functions menu).

What I like with this method is that you can Bounce-In-Place several selected regions if you want. For example if setting up a reverse reverb swooosh fill-in leading into "the universes most epic chorus repeating outro" or whatever :)