1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Please help with CCs and regions - updated

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by camprut, Feb 11, 2016.

1. camprut

camprut New Member

Pelase you are my last help. This should be something basic, but it seems working with MIDI CCs is a nightmare in Logic.

I started to use virtual instruments where I need to use CCs like breath and modulation. The most important is modulation because it is responsible for Volume. I like working in multiple regions while playing, recording my sequences and not gluing them. The problem is that I need to record modulation at the same time. I was trying even to do it on a seperate track the same instrument but this causes more mess, please look at the example.

I record my music in one region and then I want to record on the second. UNFORUNATELLY while the first one ends automation for modulationa from region 1 finishes and I cannot start playin because volume goes down so much. It is dependent on regions and nothinig helps.

HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS PROBLEM? .I am attaching screenshot, even this does not solve the problem - When the region named RIGHT starts volume goes all the way down unless I glue the left end right region which I do not want to do

Volume goes down suddenly because of not glued regions - MODULATION
  3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

If Modulation is the control for volume in your virtual instrument, then it's the position of the mod wheel on your keyboard that is determining the beginning volume of the next region. This has nothing to do with whether or not the regions are glued together. Modulation controls volume. The position of the mod wheel determines the volume level.

If you recorded a one region at time with at least 1 bar in between, you would have some time to position the mod wheel for the desired volume for the next region.

Another option is to record as your are, then manually edit (adjust) the automation nodes after recording.