1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plugin Settings Across Multiple tracks

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by ncurtis, Feb 21, 2015.

1. ncurtis

ncurtis Member

Hello Everyone.

If I use the same plugin across multiple tracks, and want to use the same setting on each, for eg the Slate VCC. Is there a quick way to this in the mixer.
    If I select all tracks and insert the plugin, it appears on all tracks no problem, but I can't work out how to universally change the setting?

Thanks

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hi Neil,

There's no way that I know of to make changes to a plug-in and have them apply to all instances. Unless the plug-in is specifically designed to work with that kind of "grouping" functionality. Like Slate's RC Tube for example.

However, although this isn't exactly what you are asking for, you _CAN_ set up a custom default configuration that will be called up every time you instantiate the same plug-in. Set the plug-in up as you want it, and then use the "save as default" function found in the main plug-in menu at the top of the plug-in interface.

Attached Files:

4. ncurtis

ncurtis Member

Thanks for that.
    Seems like a bit of a missed trick on Apple's part. Would make a lot of sense to have this feature. I know I could bus them out to a single instance, but, as with VCC, you need them on all tracks.

Neil.

5. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

You can Alt-Drag a plugin from one channel insert to another insert on the same channel or another channel, and it will bring it's settings with it to the new channel.

Having Logic able to change all instances of a plugin when you change one instance sounds to me like asking for trouble.

6. ncurtis

ncurtis Member

Thanks for this. It's exactly what I want to do.
    I tried to highlight multiple channel strips and Alt-drag an instance of VCC to them, to see if it would copy the setting to all of them - as this would be perfect - it only copied it to the first one. However, your solution is greatly welcomed. Thanks!!!!

7. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

You could save as a channel strip preset, for easy recall.

:thmbup: