Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 pod farm au plugin absent...

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Hugo Jacquet, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Hugo Jacquet

Hugo Jacquet Member

I am trying to insert pod farm plugin in an audio track. It is however simply not there in the insert menu. Native instruments show up fine...

I uninstalled (deleted PODFarm.component from library/audio/plugins/components/) and re-installed the pod farm au (I saw it re-appear in realtime in the directory while installing).

I restarted Logic, ran the audio units manager (again), but podfarm is simply not in the list...

Did a google and found out validation could be cumbersome, but no info in relation to the plugin not being in the list...

"Help" :)

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

If you are running Logic in 64 bit mode, restart with it in 32 bit mode for the AU Validation to re-scan it.
  4. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Not sure this applies to you, but my Pod Farm has a hardware dongle, i.e., my POD XT. So it won't show up unless the POD is connected to the computer. There is a stand-alone POD farm version, if you have that it none of this will help...
  5. Hugo Jacquet

Hugo Jacquet Member

Hey, thanks. I didn't realize pod farm 1 was 32 bit! So this solved it.

In the meantime I took the opportunity to explore the amp designer and I must say I am quite impressed by amp designer. Maybe I will not need pod farm after all...

I am btw running pod farm with an UX8, so no need for a dongle :).

P.S. @Eli, still learning from your tutorials and forcing myself to use Logic instead of Cubase. It is starting to take off!
  6. Hugo Jacquet

Hugo Jacquet Member

In that case, my UX8 is the dongle.

This little problem I had "forced" me to explore the amp designer (I am fairly new to logic) and I was surprised with smooth tones I could get from it (I am not a high- gain guy, more into 335/ jazz, fusion and blues sounds).

For my purpose better tone in fact then through pod farm which sounds to my ears much more "gritty" and "stiff"...