1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pop made entirely with Logic pro 8 :-)

Discussion in 'LUG Media Station' started by orjankarlsson, Mar 15, 2009.

1. orjankarlsson

orjankarlsson Member

3. Eddie Sullivan

Eddie Sullivan Senior member

I think this is great- sounds a little heavy on the mids and highs- but it falls within the realm of 'choice' rather than 'bad mix' - I like bass...

I thought the background vocal came out good and I loved the guitar solo- the processing on that guitar is great...

Keep in mind that this is coming from a person who exists almost solely on a diet of minimal techno...
  4. orjankarlsson

orjankarlsson Member

Cheers for listening! Glad you liked it, even on your diet of minimal techno :)
  5. BuddyGuit

BuddyGuit Member

Sounds good!
  6. orjankarlsson

orjankarlsson Member

cheers for listening :shrddr:
  7. Orren Merton

Orren Merton Logic Samurai / Administrator Staff Member

Very nice song! :thmbup:

I tend to exist in a heavier space, so take any of my suggestions with a grain of salt. I think the kick drum is kind of lost. I get the feeling that you don't particularly want it up front, which is cool, but I think if you EQ'd the attack to be a little "sharper" it would cut just a bit more, but still not get in the way; sort of "felt but not heard" if that makes sense. Again, the music I listen to has heavier kick, so that advice may be useless to you. ;)

I like your voice, and I think the guitars and bass sound great! In general I think the mix is very clear, although you might want to go for a bit more drastic stereo separation of the more acoustic sounding guitar and the electric piano, it sounds to me like occasionally they cover each other up a bit. They sound really nice together, so it doesn't sound bad at all, but a little more separation might open it up a bit.

Great job, and thanks for sharing!
  8. BKmusic

BKmusic New Member

Sounds Clear! What was your set up for this?
  9. orjankarlsson

orjankarlsson Member

Thanks alot for listening and thanks for the advice too! I record everything through a Mindprint TRIO but most sounds where made with logic.
  10. artmuse@comcast.net

artmuse@comcast.net New Member

Nice. Mix is good. vocal nice and clear.

Any 3rd party plugs or was it truly Logic only?

Thanks & Cheers,
    Will Brecht
    Tennessee, USA
  11. Zombre

Zombre Member

Hey that was wicked man. I'm a guitar junkie, loved the tone and the playing. Production values are amazing, of course i suck, so take my opinion for what it is, hahaha
  12. Path

Path New Member

I just played this with my housemate and we both enjoyed it.