Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Port an EXS24 sound from LPX to VEPro.

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Tux, May 8, 2015.

1. Tux

Tux Member

Hey,
    I suspect there is a simple solution to my question but can't seem to find it myself.
    I have a logic file loaded with 20 tracks from various plugins.I am trying to port this project from LPX to Vienna Ensemble Pro.
    Usually when I port (migrate) a track from LPX to VEP I select the soft synth track and substitute that plugins player with the VEP plugin. And normally this is done in the instrument slot of the original track where I re-establish the patch with an instance that lives in the VEP server. So I open the Vienna Ensemble Pro Server (64-bit) window and I select add and name the sound and click OK. Then an instance of this sound appears in a different VEP window and in the lower left corner of this window I select the "add plugin" icon and its pull down menu contains all of my plugins. This is where I meet the brick wall. The plugin that I originally started with was the EXS24 and it is the only plugin not available in the pull down menu.
    Anyone know how to port (migrate) an EXS24 sound from LPX to VEP.
    I hope I haven't made this question more difficult than it need be but I'm a VEP virgin and throw myself on the mercy of the list.
    Thanks for reading this far.
    Tux

3. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

EXS24 is only available from within Logic itself - it is native and exclusive to Logic. It is NOT a plugin like other Audio Units, so you won't find it in VE Pro.

You could open VE Pro as a plugin within Logic, and then send the EXS24 audio to VE Pro.