Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

practise trick required

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by peterlemer, Jan 14, 2015.

1. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

I'd like to create a bass region, loop it, add drummer track, then improvise on another track.

The trick: by pressing the bottom note of my piano, I raise the bass track one semitone, without stopping recording piano. Then again, and so on.

Is this possible? It feels like an environment game - first filter out all notes except A-1, connect that to the bass track - my mind goes vague at that point :)

3. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Hi Pete,
    It seems to be an Environment or a Scripter job... I can do both :D
    Do you want to Transpose the Bass track Up/Down on the fly using say two Key Switches: one KS for Transpose UP Increment and one for Transpose Down Decrement. Or you want to be able to assign different KS for transposing the Bass line like this:
    KS (C1) = 0;
    KS (C#1) + 1;
    KS (D1) + 2; etc

KS (B0) -1;
    KS (A#0) -2; etc
  4. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

Ha! choices... A simple semi up on one key would be a great start, but you seem to be thinking ahead of me :) Up and down would be better, I think. As for being able to jump to any key....

12 keys to determine root and a higher black key to go sharp, a lower black key to go flat like they do on home keyboards? :)

Maybe an idea for the future - until I get into the semitone exercise game, I won;t know whether spontaneous key change would be useful.

for the future - a key combination for every mode? :)))

5. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Hi Pete,
    I can point lots of setups how to do this incl. Environment, MIDI FX, Controller Assignments & Smart Controls etc.
    Give me some time to make a simple Logic Song Template and a Demo Video. It is a little bit complicated setup so I have to export some crappy Video tutor in any case. Stay tuned...
  6. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

< beep, buzz...>

( fx of me tuning)

7. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Hi Pete & Guys who are interested in MIDI Transposition on the fly via KS,

I just created a short Video tutorial where I use the Logic X factory MIDI FX plugin (Transposer) inserted into the Bass track. The factory Transposer MIDI FX does not support direct CC control or Key Switching control that's why I have created a special Environment setup. This setup allows you to control the Bass Pattern Transposition on the fly via Key Switches, so you can play another Instrument in the same time and transpose the Bass Pattern in real time. Watch the Youtube Video in HD and get the Logic Template from the link below.

A.G Transposing on the fly - Logic Template:

8. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

Hi tangra, amazing, not had time to study - in the middle of tax accounting, deadline this month over here. Very keen to get into it. Watch this space