Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preference for limiting recording to selected track?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by campbell2002, Sep 14, 2014.

1. campbell2002

campbell2002 New Member

This happens about twice a day: I record some audio. I switch to a midi track and record something there. Then I find I've also accidentally added a take to the audio track because I forgot to toggle off the record enable button there.

Is there a preference or trick for limiting recording to the selected track, or the the last track where I have enabled the record button? That's the default behavior with the software instrument tracks, but not with the audio tracks. I almost never record on more than one track at a time. I'd love to limit recording on one track at a time as the default. Possible?

Thanks,

Charlie

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

This isn't the answer you want to hear, but a good habit to develop is to always disarm your audio tracks after finishing a recording. Personally, usually after I finish an audio recording, the first thing I want to do is play it back and make sure it sounds okay. Try and remember to either hit Control+R or the little flashing R button before you do that.

4. campbell2002

campbell2002 New Member

Dang! I want some way to save myself from myself. It's hard to get in the habit of clicking off the r button because the software instrument tracks don't behave that way. But thanks for the reply. It's good to know I can stop looking for a preference.