1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Problem of Recording drums

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by AlexRodin, Apr 3, 2013.

1. AlexRodin

AlexRodin New Member

Hi,How can i record 8-10 channels of drums simultaneously in Logic.For example,i begin record,and my drummer make mistake,i use space button to play and then "R" to record but previously recording takes don't sound when i push "R".My drummer have to listen old takes but he didn't.Is it possible to play two overlapping regions in one audio track?
  3. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

Yes, I record drums all the time. You can also group the drums and make comps. If all this is new to you then I'd suggest a trip over to groove3.com. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hi Alex,

Your post is a bit confusing. First you ask about how to record multiple tracks simultaneously. As Dave says, it's a simple matter of grouping them (and of course assigning all the multiple inputs).

But then I _think_ you are asking about monitoring the signal during punching in? In which case, check out the auto input monitoring function in the Audio section of the Options menu at the top of the screen. Or you could just enable the input monitoring button on each of the drum tracks.

And no, you can't have two overlapping regions on a track and have them both play simultaneously (excluding the possibility of doing this using cross fades, but that's not what you are asking about).
  5. AlexRodin

AlexRodin New Member