1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Problem saving a new Default plugin setting

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by sohosteve, May 8, 2016.

1. sohosteve

sohosteve Member

Hi there,
    I've recently upgraded to Logic 10.2.2 and have run into a small problem.
    Hopefully someone here can offer a solution.
    I'm trying to use the 'Save As Default' setting in one of the Logic plugins but I'm getting an error message to tell me that I have 'insufficient privileges'!
    Here's a screenshot...

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

3. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

Looks like your User ID in OS X does not have permission to save (write) to the relevant preferences file. Using an Admin ID and repairing permissions are the first things I'd try.
  4. sohosteve

sohosteve Member

Could you kindly lead me through that?

I just trashed the "com.apple.logic10.plist" preferences.
    Exported my Key Commands.
    Restarted the computer, Imported my Key Commands, but Logic is still giving the exact same message as before...
    Strangely I can save Defaults to third party plugs.
    It is only Logic plugs that won't allow me...

I've also looked at the 'information' on those preferences and as Admin I have the right to Read & Write.
  5. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

You've done what I suggested, other than repair permissions, although you have write permission on that one file. But logic appears to use more than one plist, and the error message you got doesn't name a specific one. I'm assuming it's a preference file, although it's suffix is the one used by microsoft mail applications rathe than the one used by Apple for preferences. Repairing permissions doesn't always help, but it doesn't hurt, and take a few minutes.